The Workers of Manite Labour Union is a player managed minor faction and the first to be adopted by the Communist Interstellar Union. Its adoption predates the insertion of the minor faction of the same name into the Anagorovici system.
The Workers of Manite Labour Union is one of two minor factions which forms the core of the Communist Interstellar Union heartland. Because the Workers of Manite Labour Union was adopted before the Communist Interstellar Union minor faction was inserted into the Angorovici system, CIU treaties generally recognise the CIU sphere of influence as centring on the Manite System.
Systems controlled by the WMLU are in bold.
- Col 285 Sector RQ-I b24-8
- Col 285 Sector SQ-I b24-8
- Col 285 Sector UK-E c12-15
- Col 285 Sector WF-E c12-13
- Col 285 Sector YK-O D6-109
- Er Tchelis
- HIP 88595
- HIP 90212
- HIP 90596
- HIP 91085
- HIP 91253
- HIP 92929
- HR 6680
- Muan Qingga
The Communist Interstellar Union operates according to a horizontal organisational structure; there are no hierarchies.
The Communist Interstellar Union operates according to a horizontal organisational structure; there are no hierarchies. Every member is a "Comrade".
- Following the establishment of a base at Tamor, Communism Interstellar abandoned the Core Systems to establish new zones of operation in the peripheries of civilised space. Those who settled in the Manite system would become the Communist Interstellar Union (CIU), whilst those who settled in Nagii would become the Interstellar Communist Union (ICU).
- Shortly after the adoption of the Workers of Manite Labour Union (WMLU) by the Communism Interstellar player group, CI came into a conflict with another player group supporting Pand Central Industries(PCI) in Manite. The conflict was intense, but short lived. A ceasefire was established which is still holding. PCI is native to the remote system of Pand.
- CI formally rebrands itself as the CIU.
- The Workers of Manite Labour Union joins with Mercs of Mikuun as founding members of the Border Coalition.
- The CIU, through its adopted minor faction the WMLU, works alongside its allies in the Border Coalition during the Dangerous Games. It eventually becomes obvious that the Border Coalition is outmatched by GalCop and the EG Pilots, and throws its support behind the EG Pilots. The EG Pilots emerge victorious in the games, and Yuri Grom later rises to power in the region occupied by the Border Coalition according to terms extremely favourable to the local player groups.